Adding a (Facebook) EventsNow badge to your Facebook page
An EventsNow Badge is automatically created for each of your events. It includes the high level details of your events and a link to register. This badge would typically be placed on your Fan Page Wall so that it is readily visible to your fans.
- On your Event Dashboard select 'Facebook' under the 'Promote' Section from the menu on the left.
- The Facebook Badge preview screen has two sections. The first shows a preview of the badge and the second section show the HTML that you will add to your Facebook Fan Page.
- Copy the HTML from section 2 in the above graphic and then login to Facebook to post your badge.
Posting to your Fan Page Wall is the easiest way to broadcast an update all of your Fans. It's a good idea to Post at various times leading up to the Event. Here are some ideas about when to post to Facebook.
- Post when you initially announce the Event
- Post asking your fans to Post the Event on their Facebook Wall
- Post when you get new sponsors to thank them
- Upload photos from previous events and invite fans to the current event
- Post to let people know how much time is left to register (3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, 3 days, etc.)
- Post to let people know that there are only X tickets left
- Post any changes to the Event
- Post at after the event to thank attendees.
Here are simply instructions on how to post a link to your event when you do post to your Fan Page Wall.
- Go to the Public view of your event page and find the 'Get Involved' section
- Select 'Get a link to send friends' and copy the link to your event.
- Now you can log into Facebook and go to your organization's Facebook page and post the link on the Wall.
Print This FAQ